Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 6 Restaurant Week - Joe's Seafood

  Day 6, more bff fun.  It was Ash Wednesday and we decided to go to Joe's Seafood. It has been a long, long time since I visited this restaurant. I had high expectations considering many people have raved about this place to me.


We were greeted by this nice gentlemen with a cool bow tie.  


The Dining Rooms were so beautiful. I loved all the paintings/pictures!



  We started off with a glass of wine, I had Pinot Gris A To Z 2009 very light, fruity, and a nice smooth finish.  Trixie had a Malbec and she is totally hooked on it. I love it too! 

Appetizers

  We ordered an extra side of Oyster Rockefeller. It was not on the restaurant week menu, but it is one of our favorites. The spinach and cheese were tasty. I liked the presentation as well. What a great way to start off!

Oyster Rockefeller 


  I liked how the server poured the broth onto our bowl. The Stone Crab Bisque was smooth, creamy and well seasoned.  I also liked the chunks of crab.

Stone Crab Bisque



All I can say is it was not appetizing.  I only took a bite and that was it. 

Joe’s Grilled Tomato


  It had a nice brown crust, but it was lacking flavor. Honestly, it tasted like it came out of the box. It was very dry and we both drench it with butter. The butter did not help at all. Thank god we ate so much bread!

Jennie’s Mashed Potatoes


Main Course

This was Trixie's plate, it looked so much better than mine.  My lobster was overdone and tough. I drenched it with lemon and butter and it was a little better. We saved our filet for the next day. 

6 oz. Filet Mignon and Lobster


Dessert

The Banana Cream Pie was filled with slices of bananas and topped with pecans and caramel. It was light, fluffy, and the bananas were delicious.

Banana Cream Pie with Foster Sauce



 Also, I forgot to mention when we both walked in I swear we were getting dirty looks. I had no idea why people were acting so weird.  We even moved to another table, because the couple next to us kept staring at us. It was so awkward!  
  
  My overall rating is 2.5 stars, customer service definitely needs improvement and the food was very disappointing except for the oysters and the dessert. I was not impressed at all!  This will probably be my first and last time. 

1 comments:

Lil Mama Stuart said...

That's unfortunate :( you're getting better with the macro!