Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mission Impossible: Must Get D Rose's Autograph Day 1

Your mission should you decide to accept it, is you must get Derek Rose and the rest of the Chicago Bulls team to autograph your poster/pictures. You have 3 days to complete this mission...this message will self destruct.

Day 1

  The Chicago Bulls hosted an event called Sixth Man Jam held on Dec 19th for season ticket holders.  My bf and I headed to the United Center around 4pm and there was already long lines outside the gates. It was so windy and freezing...brrrr. We were handed a flyer of a map of where the players were positioned.  My bf and I were trying to map out our route to maximize our chances of getting as many signatures as possible. There was only 500 tickets given to each player, so it was going to be a race to get them. I was to try to get in line for D Rose and my bf was going to hit up the 3rd floor where Boozer, Noah, and Asik were stationed. A friend of mine and her husband were also on a mission as well to get D Rose's autograph. Finally, the line started moving, I was totally hyped up and when we reached the door we ran to the D Rose line on the 1st floor.  He was stationed at section 102, but the end of the line was 116...sigh. I walked up to the front of the line to estimate the number of people ahead of us. I did not think we were going to make it.  At least I was able to sneak in a few shots of D Rose signing autographs.



 As I was walking back to my friends that held my line, one of the United Center employees was giving the last few tickets away. I was not able to get one, so I was super bummed out.  The only other player on the first floor that still had tickets was Ronnie Brewer.  I walked over to Ronnie's line and was handed a ticket. He looked at my pic for a sec, then signed my photo.



  Next stop 2nd floor, Taj's line was closed....bummer. I stood by the table and waived the security guard down and asked if I could give a pic to Taj. He turned to Taj and he said sure. I gave this pic along with my business card...yay!




  So, I ran around the 2nd floor and saw Luol Deng. His line was coming to the end and I started to walk away when someone said hey girl, we have an extra ticket here you go. Thank you! Luol was signing my photo while being interviewed by NBC. OMG, so excited!




  I reunited with my bf and he had my Joakim Noah and Omar Asik pics signed, no Boozer...sad. Awesome teamwork!



     

Here are a few other pics of the Bulls signing autographs.




     
  We called it a day and headed down to the court to meet up with some friends.  I was so happy I was able to share the pics I took with the players and had my pics autographed for my collection. Day 1 complete and two more days to go. Stay tuned for Day 2 in tomorrow's post.

1 comments:

Lil Mama Stuart said...

Awesome Heat shots and even better that they're signed now!