Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hanging out with the Hongs

  I had the pleasure of doing a family photo shoot with my fellow classmate Mindy from the Misha Media 101 class. I took the two on one class, and Mindy took the group session, so we never really met.  We are part of the mentoring group Misha Media started on Facebook. We chatted and helped each other through our photography journey. Her and I have been talking on Facebook for almost two years and this year we finally met in person.  Since we both love Top Chef she made reservations at this restaurant called Sprout.  Dale was from Top Chef Season 3, so it was cool to eat at his restaurant and also meet him.  Check out our adventure at Sprout.

  Mindy is a very passionate and creative person.  I call her the "DIY" queen. She is an amazing mom who loves crafting, cooking, party planning, photography, etc. Check out Mindy's blog a day with lil mama stuart.  We both have seen each other grow through our journey and I am happy we are going through it together.  It is nice to have someone to talk to and share ideas and opinions.  So, when she asked me to take her family portraits for the holidays, I was very honored.

  We did a shoot in her neighborhood along with her husband and adorable daughter.










  
  Thanks again Mindy for letting me photograph your wonderful family.  You are finally in pics now, since you are so used to taking them.

3 comments:

Lil Mama Stuart said...

aw so sweet!I'm glad we're on our way to finding our dream jobs, together too :) Thanks letting me be IN pictures for once!

Christine Trevino said...

Beautiful beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

those are great Elaine!! Mindy and Doug you guys are like precious moments, you don't age LOL